Playing it forward
Paige is putting out a call for three budding Kiwi superstars to open for her in Tauranga, Christchurch or Wellington on her upcoming New Zealand tour.
How to enter and T&Cs:
Teaming up with radio station ZM, Paige has launched ‘Playing It Forward', which aims to give a helping hand to other talented New Zealanders looking for their big breaks. She’s on the look-out for three up-and-coming acts to play the opening sets in each of the following cities: Tauranga (July 16), Christchurch (July 23) and Wellington (August 6).
Here’s what you need to do and what you need to know to be in with a chance:
- You must be 18+
- Film yourself (on your phone is totally fine) singing an original song and send the video to Paige at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you tell her your name, what city you are from and what city you’d like to perform in (Tauranga, Christchurch or Wellington).
- Paige will listen/watch all the entries and then choose one act from each city.
- You will be expected to perform a 10 to 15 minute set (in one of the above cities) and will receive a small fee for your performance.
- You will be responsible for getting yourself to and from the venue. You will also cover your own transport costs.
- You will attend soundcheck on the afternoon/early evening of the show (time TBC) and you will receive some tips and tricks from Paige at soundcheck.
- Paige will announce the winning acts on the radio station ZM, where the winners will get to hear a snippet of their song played live on air. Note: The announcement will be made the w/c June 21, which will give you time to get ready for your support set.
- You understand that by sending in your video, you are consenting to your video potentially being shared by Paige on her social media accounts and a snippet of your song being played on ZM.
- You will also need to supply a photo and a short bio, and agree to this information being shared publicly for publicity and promo purposes.